Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Nike Free" sneakers

My first review on something other than food, I'm here to review sneakers!  I love wearing sneakers for many occasions: workouts at the gym, running errands, and also hiking/walking with my puppy dog.  I bought a pair of Nike Airmax about 6 months ago but they're not very comfortable, so I've been searching for a more comfortable pair ever since.

John forwarded me the link for a new line of shoes called Reebok Realflex.  These are really cool shoes!  They try to imitate natural movement of the feet by installing 76 rubber pellets on the bottom of the sole, so instead of having this uncomfortable semi-hard rubber sole (sometimes filled with air bubbles?), you have this close to bare feet feel when you walk/run.  The reviews for Reebok realflex is pretty good considering it's a fairly new technology, but it is somewhat pricey.  For a pair of running shoes, I could be paying around 90 dollars.  So I started looking for a cheaper alternative.

That's when I came across Nike Free technology.  It is similar to Reebok's realflex where it simulates running/walking bare feet by changing the way sneaker soles are made.  I love the flexible soles!  For more information, check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Free

Another main reason I went with the Nike Free is because I found a pair at Kohls.  I'm a big fan of Kohls since they have this great return/exchange policy where you can return at any time.  So I purchased a pair online right away with discounts and free shipping.  After all that's said and done, it only cost me $48 for a pair of Nike Free cross trainers!  I love the colors as well, it's white and baby blue, I think it really suits me :)






















http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/brandsforshoes/nike/womens/PRD~724938/Nike+Free+Walk+HighPerformance+CrossTrainers.jsp

What type of sneakers do you need?  If you're in the market of a new pair of sneakers, I recommend that you take a look at Reebok realflex or Nike Free, try them to feel the difference!

FoodiePop's rating on Nike Free: 4.2/5 
(worn 3 days so far on trend mill and walk around the neighborhood)

No comments:

Post a Comment