Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cafe Nola, Frederick MD

A friend of mine kept raving about Cafe Nola in Frederick at our recent outing.  So on a sunny Saturday, we decided to take our little dog there for lunch.  I called up my friend and we met up at the spot, which worked out perfect since we waited a little before they arrived.  I had no idea Cafe Nola takes reservation for outdoor seating!  Next time I'll definitely make a reservation ahead of time.

My first impressions of Nola Cafe were good ones.  I loved the bright colors and the down to earth furniture/interior.  I also loved the hand-written-chalk-board specials behind the barista at the coffee bar.

entrance




















inside Nola




















♥ the wall





















So the 4 of us sat outside with our dogs.  The service was pretty slow throughout the meal.  We were guessing because people were out celebrating mother's day early?  Anyway, we placed our orders and the food came slowly but surely.

original croissant, nothing special















his steak wrap with seasonal fruit, pretty good!















My delicious burger with mango salsa, LOVED it!

















We also ordered some drinks, nothing worth mentioning.  My friend's white tea latte on the other hand, was pretty yummy.  I snuck in a sip, thanks girl!

Overall, I would probably try the place again on a less busy day.  Let's see if the service improves on the second try!

Here's a picture of the happy doggy at the cafe, free of charge :)

credit: MT















FoodiePop's rating: 3.7/5

Cafe Nola
4 E Patrick St
Frederick, MD 21701

2 comments: