Monday, May 9, 2011

California Pizza Kitchen, Gaithersburg MD

Yikes, it's been a while since I posted anything on the blog.  No, I have not stopped eating, I've just been busy doing everything else for the last couple of weeks.

We actually go to Washingtonian center a lot, either for workouts, good eats, shopping, or just taking the dog for a stroll.  This past week, I've dined at the California Pizza Kitchen twice!  Once with the hubby on a weekday, and once on a Friday night for our girls night out.  I was able to use the 20% off coupon printed off Washingtonian website both times, so it was a bargain!

On the weeknight, we ordered the kung pao spaghetti.  It's a fun spin on the Chinese traditional dish kung pao.  I usually steer clear of non-authentic Chinese dishes such as this, but this particular dish was a hit!  You can get it with shrimp or chicken, I picked the chicken.  It was a little spicy but the flavors were very good!

kung pao spaghetti
















He ordered the new clam linguine dish.  This was delicious as well, but of course I liked the spicy dish better.  They gave a lot of clams but not a lot of noodles, but since pasta is a heavy dish, it was fulfilling nonetheless.

clam linguine
















On our girls date night Friday, I ordered something lighter since it was the common theme for the night.  I ordered the blacken mahi mahi with noodles.  It was a little bland, but after I squeezed the lemon juice onto the fish, it was much better!  The noodles were very good, I finished the whole plate in no time!

blacken mahi mahi with noodles
















This was my friend's artichoke pizza.  I didn't try but it looked good!

artichoke pizza





















Overall Cpk was a pretty good deal with the 20% off.  If you haven't gotten the coupon, look on the Washingtonian website!  I plan to go back again before the coupon expires :)

FoodiePop's rating: 3.8/5

California Pizza Kitchen
136 Boardwalk Pl
Gaithersburg, MD 20878

No comments:

Post a Comment