Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stella Restaurant, Rockville MD

I went to dinner with couple of my girls on a Monday night. Yes you read correctly, it was a Monday night and also the '$10 bottle wine' night at Stella restaurant. Stella restaurant is a new restaurant in Traville plaza. The three of us ventured in there not knowing what to expect. 

Stella





















Our first impressions were very good ones. The interior decor is nice and relaxing, plus they have a beautifully decorated bar area. Check out the center lighting, ain't it cool?

bar area: credit TL















 We waited a little since our friend was stuck in traffic. So the waiter suggested that we order an appetizer to munch on. I ordered the Lobster Guacamole with taro chips, it was actually pretty good. My two friends seemed to enjoy the appetizer.

Lobster Guacamole

















We proceeded to order three very distinct main courses. First up was a rib-eye steak. She was actually not happy with this dish since it was not done medium rare like she asked. So I guess Stella failed one of the fundamentals in this case.

rib-eye steak, credit TL















I ordered the fish special which was one pound fish cooked with head and tail. It was quit a visually stunning dish since I didn't expect to get a whole fish (should have known I guess). It tasted just okay, a bit too fishy for my taste. On top of that, there were way too many bones for my liking.

rock fish? I don't remember now..

















The third dish was a somewhat safe dish. She had the roasted organic chicken with rice. I forgot to ask her how the dish was but I know she liked the rice. As far as the chicken, they looked plump and juicy, so I'm hoping they tasted okay.

roasted organic chicken with rice

















Overall, Stella looked great, the service was impeccable, and the ambiance was lovely. The food was about average or a little below for its price. Since it's a fairly new establishment, I'm hoping it will improve as time goes on and I am willing to give it another chance!

FoodiePop's rating: 3/5

Stella Restaurant
9755 Traville Gateway Dr
Rockville, MD 20850

No comments:

Post a Comment