Monday, June 6, 2011

Hokkaido Seafood Buffet, Falls Church VA

My friends found this new seafood buffet Hokkaido in Falls Church.  After looking up the name, I found out Hokkaido is a big Japanese seafood buffet chain from California.  Since we like Todai (another Japanese seafood chain), we tried Hokkaido on a Friday afternoon for comparison.

Hokkaido for lunch was not very impressive.  The hot food bar was at best mediocre and sushi/cold bar was not up to par.  The dessert bar had very poor selection and the ice cream looked nasty (from people scooping it themselves).  We did not try dessert for that reason...

I did LOVE the teppanyaki section though.  The steak tasted good and the teppanyaki 'chef' did a great job cooking the meat to order.  I went back twice since I liked it so much (plus I didn't like the other food from hot/cold bars).  Overall, I guess I can't complain much since the buffet was only 12 dollars in change.  I simply had too much expectation going in.

crabs were not fresh....gummy meat, yuck.















soup was bland, I like their plates and bowls though.















yummy steak teppanyaki!

















Even though I was semi-disappointed for lunch.  I'm willing to try it again for dinner since the price is pretty reasonable and they have snow crab legs.  Maybe I'll post another review after!

FoodiePop's rating: 3/5 for lunch buffet

Hokkaido Seafood Buffet
5900 Leesburg Pke
Falls Church, VA 22041

No comments:

Post a Comment