Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nando's Peri Peri chicken, Rio Gaithersburg, MD

Nando's Peri Peri Chicken has grand opening this Wednesday 8/31.  Luckily I'm on the facebook subscription list and I got an invitation for their free mock service.  So we grabbed some friends and went for the free food!

The mock service was awesome!  You can order ANYTHING off their menu including beer & wine, that's totally unheard of.  We were a good bunch so we only ordered....about $54 dollar worth of food between the 3 of us.  But some other table were having wine and beer as well!

Here are couple pictures I stole from Peri Peri facebook page. 

(Credit: Peri Peri Chicken facebook page)
http://www.facebook.com/nandosgaithersburg?v=info#!/nandosgaithersburg?sk=info



































The new store location is right on boardwalk with lakefront patio seating.  It is located across from the newly opened 16 handle frozen yogurt store.  The interior decor was gorgeous.  I did not take too many pictures since they have not officially open yet.  But I did take a picture of the wall made with glass bottles since we were seated right against it.  It was really cool looking!

Glass Bottle wall





















We ordered 2 appetizers.  Garlic bread and pita bread with red pepper dip.  The garlic bread was the better of the two, it was crisp and flavorful!

garlic bread appetizer $3.95















For individual entrees, we all picked 1/2 peri peri chicken with 2 side orders.  I had the corn on the cob which I absolutely LOVED and also the red skin mashed potato.  Chicken was tasty but I'm a big fan of Peruvian chicken at Sardi's, so I'm going to give preference to Sardi's in this category.  But all the side order items made the grade, including the wild rice my friend ordered (a bit spicy).

1/2 peri peri chicken entree (medium spicy)















The food was satisfactory overall, and the service was prompt.  I especially love the ambiance and can't wait to try the lakefront patio seating with my little pooch (hopefully they allow dogs) on a sunny breezy day!  A completely free meal can't be beat either, so THANK YOU peri peri chicken for picking up the tab :)

Almost forgot, I heard their egg tart (葡式蛋塔) is good, but they ran out when we finished our meal, I'll have to try next time!

FoodiePop's rating: 3.7/5

Peri Peri Chicken
224 Boardwalk Place
Gaithersburg MD 20878

No comments:

Post a Comment