Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quick recent movie reviews part II

**** UPDATED 9/12

It's been a while since I did movie reviews again!

Here are my recent movies and their reviews, enjoy :)

Limitless - 3/5: somewhat interesting movie.

Sucker punch - 4/5:  low expectations but blown away by the movie.  It's a little out there but the graphics are good and story is ...different.

Tron - 3.6/5: another movie that's 'out there'.  But graphics was awesome and innovative.

Source code - 4/5: I like Jake Gyllenhaal! and it was interesting when stuff was revealed.

Tangled - 4/5: yes I know this is kid's movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The Lincoln Lawyer - 4/5: good movie, good execution by Matthew McConaughey.

No Strings Attached - 3.8/5: good chick flick, Natalie Portman is always enjoyable to watch.

Black Swan - 4.5/5: award winning for a reason.  Good on many levels, amazing job by Natalie Portman.

Green hornet - 1/5: terrible, I couldn't finish watching the movie. 

The Fighter - 4/5: good acting, good story, the 'based on real story' part gets me every time.

Secretariat - 3.8/5: simple, down to earth movie.  I simply love Diane Lane, she brought the character to life.

Adjustment Bureau - 3/5: maybe my expectation was too high on Matt Demon.....

Eagle - 2/5: Channing Tatum was eye candy, that's about it....

****
Just go with it - 3.6/5:  I thought it was going to be corny and boring.  But I actually enjoyed it, Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston had good chemistry on screen!

Wu Xia (武俠) - 4/5:  This movie is pretty wack in a good way.  It's definitely not your 'traditional Chinese Kung fu' movie.  The plots are twisty and i can't decide whether it's more drama or action, but the action scenes are crisp and well carried out and the female actress (Tang Wei) had a moving performance.  Perfect Sunday movie!
Here's a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JHGPiYoEac

Enjoy your movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment