Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Aka Friscos - Frederick MD

lombaBest kept neighborhood secret of Frederick MD.  Yes, please keep it a secret so I don't have to wait in line when we make it there :)

My friend found this best kept secret while he was working in Frederick, and it's been our favorite sandwich place (among various other things) ever since!  The place is always nice and clean, and the food is always consistent and absolutely delicious.

love the casual dining atmosphere





















I ordered the embarcadero sandwich, it is a cold sandwich with roast beef.  I only got half the sandwich to leave room for their always delicious soup and 'explode potato'.  The explode potato consist of warm potatoes, bacon bits, and various other stuffing.  Super super yummy.  The explode potato is a must try item!

my half sandwich & small explode potato as side item















The soup I picked today was white bean chicken chili soup.  Actually jalapeno chili was my original choice but 2 of my friends ordered the chicken chili and it looked absolutely irresistible.  So I changed my order and definitely didn't regret the choice!

white bean chicken chili soup















Hubby ordered the BBQ beef and potato sandwich.  It's basically thick cut roast beef smothered with BBQ sauce, then comes with a side of explode potato as well.  This was delicious and the portion was huge.

bbq beef and potato sandwich















The best part of dining at Friscos is their ice cream parlor is ALWAYS open year round.  I love their soft serve ice cream, it's one of the best in the area if you ask me.  I get the 'kiddie' cone just because by the time the meal was done, I am always stuffed (never fails).  I have to recommend the swirl chocolate dipped, but make sure you finish it quickly or it will get real messy soon!  It's also real cheap priced at under $2 for the kiddie size.

ice cream & dessert - open year round!


















how good does this look???
 















All in all, aka Friscos is our favorite sandwich place.  Lombard and Alcatraz are also two of my favorite sandwiches, make sure you try these when you go!

FoodiePop's rating for sandwiches & more:  4.8/5

aka Friscos
4632 Wedgewood Blvd
Frederick, MD 21703

No comments:

Post a Comment