Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sno Dream - Montgomery Mall, Bethesda MD

I've tried Sno Dream twice already, both experiences were pleasant.  So I think this review has been way over due!  Here's a little background on the term 'snow ice': "Snow ice 雪花冰 originated from the tropical island of Taiwan. Unlike traditional Taiwanese shaved ice, snow cones or Hawaiian shaved ice, what makes this low cal, low fat treat truly unique, is that the flavor is frozen directly into the ice before being shaved into ribbon like sheets and then deposited into a cup for your convenient enjoyment."  (http://www.snodreamusa.com/)

The first time I visited, they only had 4 flavors of snow ice available, original milk flavor, green tea flavor, mango flavor, and I believe lychee flavor.  The second time I visited, they've expanded to 10 flavors!  The store is right across from 'Boss' store in Montgomery mall, I don't think you can miss it.

banner




















menu
















I tried both green tea and original milk flavors the first time, I preferred the milk flavor.  So the second time I got strictly the milk flavor with red beans, condensed milk, and mochi for toppings!  This combination is simply called harajuku on their menu except I substituted milk snow ice for green tea snow ice.
 
harajuku combo with milk snow ice instead of green tea















The creation was very good except the addition of condensed milk was a bit too sweet for my liking.  I think next time I'll try the snow ice without any toppings, maybe even a new flavor of snow ice!

I even took another close-up picture, see the texture of the shaved ice?  It's unique and melts immediately in your mouth!

close-up















I'm very happy that snow ice has found its way into our area.  I'll definitely visit it again and even try a new flavor.  If you're shopping in Montgomery Mall, be sure you pay Sno Dream a visit!

FoodiePop's rating: 4/5 since it's the only store of its kind in MD

Sno Dream
Montgomery Mall
7101 Democracy Blvd, Space 9024
Bethesda, MD 20817

2 comments:

  1. I got the deal from living social. Will have to remember to use it next time I go to Montgomery mall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that one expires soon....you probably wanna make a trip in the near future girl!

    ReplyDelete