Thursday, September 13, 2012

La Canela, Rockville Town Center, MD

Wow, it's been a long while since I updated this blog...it's revival time!  I have a lot of restaurant pictures from the beginning of the year, hopefully I can finish updating the blog.  Then, even though we won't be dining out as much, I'll try my best to 'keep the blog alive'!

For our last girls night out before my big life changing event, my girl friend recommended La Canela in Rockville Town Center.  I always love trying new places in Rockville town center because parking is usually a breeze there and it's free on weekends.  Then again, we're talking Rockville, don't know why anybody would think about charging patrons parking if we're not in DC..

La Canela Menu














The place is cute and cozy, with dimmed lights for a romantic atmosphere.  I didn't bother taking pictures of the interior since the lights were so dim, but it's definitely a good choice for a first date (maybe?).  What do I know?  My first date was more than a decade ago...lol.

complimentary appetizer














After we placed our orders, our waitress delivered this mysterious complimentary appetizer.  I think it had some type of seafood ceviche inside?  I vaguely remember I wasn't allowed to eat it.....The girls said it was okay, not anything exceptional.  But being that it was free, they didn't mind it at all.

Fried Calamari














I remember the fried calamari was quite good. The breading was just enough, air and fluffy.  This wasn't a good picture though, I accidentally focused on the fries instead, oops.

complimentary bread basket














This was surprisingly good!  I was on low carb diet so I only had a few bites, but I love it when restaurants serve warm bread, two thumbs up!

Seafood Paella














This was my friend's seafood paella dish, it looked good and she liked it.  I snuck in a taste and thought it was pretty good too.  The portion was big as well, I think she ended up taking some home.

shrimp ceviche














Beautifully plated shrimp ceviche.  This was pretty good as well, I especially love the presentation and the cute little decorations (is that potato ball?).

chicken entree














Since I was on low carb diet, I picked an entree with only chicken and vegetables.  It was descent, but the chicken a bit dry inside.  The sauce, on the other hand, was excellent.

dessert menu














Here's a sneak at the dessert menu.  I think we were all too full for dessert, so we just took a look at the menu.  Nothing jumped out at me though, so we skipped dessert...

Overall, I enjoyed the La Canela experience.  I even said to bring the hubby back for a romantic evening out, apparently we got really really busy after April so I never got the chance....lol.


FoodiePop's rating: 4/5

La Canela
141 Gibbs St
Ste D
Rockville, MD 20850

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been here before but will have to try it--the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete