The restaurant is nicely decorated with tropical theme and had plenty of seating and tables. We've been to the place numerous times but this time, we got a parking spot right up front! Usually parking is a hassle because there were only a handful of spots in front of the restaurant, so I considered ourselves lucky!
| entrance to restaurant |
| bar overlooking the eating area |
I always order the roti canai for appetizer, it is Malaysian crispy Indian-style pancake served with curry chicken as dipping sauce. It's always piping hot and delicious!
| roti canai |
| Penang Udang Mee Soup |
The second dish I wanted was the Kang Kung Belacan 馬來空心菜, but unfortunately they were sold out of Kang Kung for the night. So I ordered the lady fingers Belacan instead. It was just as good with the same spicy Malaysian shrimp paste sauce.
| lady fingers Belacan |
We ended up with a bill around 40+ which was not bad considering how much leftover we took home. We sort of made 2 meals out of it. The dishes were all prepared properly and had good flavors. I'd definitely pay Penang another visit in the future!
FoodiePop's rating on Malaysian food: 4/5
Penang Malaysian Cuisine
4933 Bethesda AveBethesda, MD 20814
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.