| small store front |
I ordered one regular black tea with milk and sugar for the dude. Since the owner gave me an option, I picked the soy milk instead of regular milk. The black milk tea was very different from traditional bubble tea shops in the area. It had more tea flavor than anything else. There was hardly any sugar, and the owner was very easy on the milk which I didn't mind, but the tapioca was borderline bad. They were hard and not very chewy, also didn't have much taste (not sweetened like most other places). Their black tea tasted very good though, not bitter or acidic like some other shops on a bad day.
I ordered the matcha smoothie. It was pretty good and not overly sweet like other places. Again, the tapioca was not up to par from this store, probably because it's not something they're known for. Overall, I was somewhat disappointed with the tapioca served, but if you're in the area for a good pot of tea and some tea snacks, this might be a good spot to check out.
| black tea with soy milk and matcha smoothie |
Zen Tara Tea
4710 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.